The Interspiritual Network is comprised of organizations and individuals who are exploring and embracing the emerging Interspiritual paradigm for authentic understanding, collaboration and practice. The Network began with a group of fifteen to twenty volunteers at the Dawn of Interspirituality Conference at the Cascadia Center between October 1 – 4, 2013. This discussion was furthered by meetings of some seventy volunteers in New York City in February of 2014. Our purpose was to begin discussing and envisioning a possible Interspiritual Association. There was general consensus around the prose for the following Vision Statement and the points for the Mission Statement.
The following statements were drafted by by this group. They provide a beginning place for refinement and embellishment as our Interspiritual Network gradually evolves into a more formal global association.
The Interspiritual Network brings together and supports individuals and organizations that are deeply committed to the transformative process. We provide opportunities to develop and deepen relationships, friendships and collaborations that further the Interspiritual vision of a world of compassion, peace and celebration of unity and diversity among all peoples of the world.
These are the phases that emerged regarding our mission.
- Provide a resource for collaboration, coordination, community and conversation.
- Provide a networking resource.
- Facilitate communication through such web resources as the InterSpirituality.com blog.
- Create community for those without spiritual community.
- Expand the conversation to diverse populations.
- Provide mutual support for individuals and organization on the transformative journey.